Current Employment Openings
View the current openings available with the City of Choctaw
How to Apply
There are several ways to obtain an employment application. You may download an Employment Application (PDF) or pick one up at City Hall. Questions about employment openings or applications should be directed to the Human Resources Director at 405-390-8198.
Email an Application
The application can be sent via email to the Human Resources Director.
Mail an Application
Completed applications may be mailed to:
City of Choctaw
ATTN: Human Resources Director
P.O. Box 567
Choctaw, OK 73020
Fax an Application
Applications may also be faxed to 405-390-8607.
Application File Retention
All applications will remain on file for one year, or, if the applicant is hired, in accordance with record retention guidelines as established by state law.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the City of Choctaw. The application process can be quite lengthy and very strictly regulated by several local, state and federal employment guidelines/regulations. While we have made every attempt to simplify and expedite the selection process, many equal opportunity, affirmative action, and merit system provisions must be monitored and adhered to.
Please read the following guidelines prior to completing an employment application.
- All applications are considered private and confidential, however, once you are hired, under the Oklahoma Open Records Act, your job application and resume is considered to be public record (subject to public inspection).
- Applications will only be accepted for posted vacancies.
- Unsolicited applications and applications which are not complete will not be accepted.
- Resumes submitted without applications will not be accepted.
- If applying for multiple positions, a separate application for each is required.
- The City will conduct a background investigation on the information you have provided.
- A pre-employment drug test will be administered.
- An agility test will be provided for police and fire applicants.
- Sign and submit with application the Personal Inquiry Waiver and Background Investigation Confidential Information Agreement Form.
- Fill out Voluntary Affirmative Action Information Form.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Choctaw is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political belief, age, or disability.